• Motorcycle Industry estimates show that last year a total of over 750000 motorcycles were sold in the country
• The industry has been experiencing a healthy growth rate of around 30% per year for the past 4-5 years.
• Pakistan came at number seven with a production of 750,000 units of motorcycles constituting to 2% of the global total.
Market Share of Motorbike in
• Atlas Honda Limited is a joint venture between the Atlas Group and Honda Motor Co Japan.
• The company established by the merger of Panjdarya Limited and Atlas Autos Ltd. in 1988. Both these motorcycle-manufacturing concerns established Atlas Group.
• Honda motorcycles are by far the largest selling motorcycles in the country with an unmatched reputation for high quality, reliability and after-sales-service
• Atlas has the country’s largest in-house manufacturing capability at its Karachi and Sheikhupura plants.
• Atlas management is striving to modernize company operations by adapting applicable aspects of research and theory and more specifically, Honda’s unique philosophy of hard/soft technologies to the realities of Pakistani conditions.
• Company management structure, systems and processes are changed according to the demands of the customer, growth and new technology • Currently, there are 2 plants working day and night to meet the demand of motorbike in Pakistan. These plants are located in Sheikhupura and Karachi.
• The head office is located at Karachi.
• Atlas Honda has 65.7 percent share in the total sales in Pakistan. This has only been achieved by maintaining tough standards in quality
• “To be the market leader in the motorcycle industry, emerging as a globally competitive centre of production and exports”.
• “To be a dynamic profitable growth oriented company through market leadership excellence in quality and service optimizing value for the shareholders and maximizing exports To give
atractive return to business associates and shareholders as per their expectations. Be a responsible employer and reward employees according to their abilities and performance. To be a good corporate citizen in order to fulfil its social responsibilities. To create and foster a network of researchers, engineers, who will make unique contribution to the development of motorcycle
industry ensuring satisfaction of our valuable customers and protection of the environment by producing emission friendly green products”
• Commitment to provide high quality motorcycles and parts. • Right work on first atempt and on time
• Maintain and continuously improve quality
• Training of manpower and acquisition of latest technology Safe, clean and healthy environment
• Market leadership and prosperity for all
• Seiri – (sort out)
• Seiton – (put in order)
• Seisou – (cleanliness)
• Seiketsu – (neat and tidy)
• Shitsuke – (discipline)
Company Supply chain
Assembly / manufacturing
15% CD- 125
85% CD- 125
Dynamics of Material Flow
Alternative Current generation
Drum Gear Shif
Drum Gear Shop
Ignition Coil Shop
Engine Machine Assembling
Please join StudyMode to read the full document