1. Which of the following is the correct CPT code for vaginal delivery with episiotomy and use of forceps? A. 59610
2. Lysis of adhesions is often performed on either the fallopian tubes or the A. uterus.
3. Which of the following code groups would be used to report a successful vaginal birth after previous Caesarean delivery?
4. Which of the following is the appropriate fourth ICD-9 digit to use when an abortion is complicated by septic shock?
5. Which of the following is the correct ICD-9 code for a classical hydatidiform mole? A. 181
6. What is the difference between an anterior and posterior colporrhaphy? A. Time
D. Patient age
7. Which of the following terms describes an incision of the vagina to gain access to the peritoneal cul-desac to explore or to drain an abscess? A. Perineoplasty
8. Which procedure is most likely to be used for the removal of a hydatidiform mole? A. Hysterotomy
C. Postpartum curettage
9. A/an _______ occurs when the fertilized ovum has become implanted outside of the uterus. A. in vitro fertilization
C. ectopic pregnancy
D. hydatidiform mole
10. What is a hysterosalpingography?
A. A diagnostic procedure to test the patency of the fallopian tubes B. Removal of the uterus
C. A procedure in which an egg from the female is withdrawn and fertilized with sperm in a laboratory D. A surgical procedure to open an obstructed or narrowed tube
11. Which of the following is the correct ICD-9 code for a corpus luteum cyst of the ovary? A. 620.1
12. You would code a service for an amniocentesis using a code from the Female Genital System subsection and a code from the _______ section.
13. Which of the following is the correct CPT code to use when a physician performs a surgical laparoscopy with fimbrioplasty?
14. Select the correct CPT code for cone biopsy (laser) of the cervix with dilation and curettage. A. 57520
15. The anatomy in the Female Genital System subsection starts with the vulva and progresses upward to the A. uterus.
D. fallopian tube.
16. A spontaneous abortion is an abortion that occurs
A. because of an infection of the products of conception.
B. when parts of the products of conception are retained in the uterus. C. naturally.
D. to safeguard the mother's mental or physical health.
17. According to the text, vulvectomy codes are divided based on the _______ and extent of vulvar area removed during the procedure.
B. status (malignant or premalignant lesions)
18. What Surgery subheading has only two codes?
B. Urinary System
C. Intersex Surgery
19. Incision and drainage of the _______ glands aren't reported using Female Genital System codes but are instead reported using Surgery section, Urinary System codes. A. Skene's
20. Which CPT code will be assigned for a 29-year-old woman, 20 weeks' gestation, with cervical cerclage by vaginal approach? A. 59325
21. Which of the following structures is included in the internal organs of the female reproductive system? A. Labia majora
B. Labia minora
C. Mons pubis
D. Fallopian tubes
22. What does antepartum care include?
A. Initial and subsequent history, recording of weight, blood pressures, fetal heart tones, and routine UA until 38 weeks B. Initial and subsequent history, recording of weight, blood pressures, fetal heart tones, and routine...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document