Honda Motor Company, Ltd. (Honda), incorporated on September 24, 1948, develops, produces and manufactures a variety of motor products, ranging from small general-purpose engines and scooters to specialty sports cars. The Company’s business segments are the motorcycle business, automobile business, financial services business, and power product and other businesses. Honda conducts its operations in Japan and worldwide, including North America, Europe and Asia. On March 22, 2011, the Company completed the selling of all stake in Hero Honda Motors Limited to Bahadur Chand Investments Private.Ltd. and Hero Investments Pvt. Ltd. In August 2012, the Company acquired Usha International Ltd. Motorcycle Business
Honda produces a range of motorcycles, ranging from the 50 cubic centimetres class to the 1,800 cubic centimetres class in cylinder displacement. Honda’s motorcycles use internal combustion engines developed by Honda that are air or water-cooled, two or four cycle, and single, two, four or six cylinder. Honda’s motorcycle line consists of sports (including trial and moto-cross racing), business and commuter models. Honda has also produced all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), personal watercraft (PWC) and multi-utility vehicles (MUVs). Motorcycles are produced by the Company in Japan at the Kumamoto factory. Honda’s motorcycles are also produced by subsidiaries in countries worldwide, including Italy, Thailand, Vietnam, the Philippines, India, Brazil and Argentina. Honda’s unit sales of motorcycles, ATVs and PWC total 9,639 thousand units during the fiscal year ended March 31, 2010 (fiscal 2010). Automobile Business
The Company’s automobiles use gasoline engines of three, four or six cylinder, diesel engines and gasoline-electric hybrid systems. Honda also offers alternative fuel-powered vehicles, such as natural gas, ethanol and fuel cell vehicles. Honda’s principal automobile products include passenger cars, minivans, multi-wagons, sport utility vehicle, and mini cars. Its passenger car models include Legend, Accord, Inspire, Civic, Insight, City, Acura RL, Acura TL, Acura TSX and Acura CSX. Its minivans, multi-wagons and sport utility vehicle brands include Elysion, Odyssey, Step Wagon, Stream, FREED, FR-V, Airwave, Fit/Jazz, Partner Pilot, Ridgeline, CR-V, Element, Crossroad, CR-Z, Acura RDX, Acura MDX and Acura ZDX. Its mini cars brands include Life, Zest, Vamos and Acty. Automobiles are produced by Honda at two sites in Japan: the Saitama factory and the Suzuka factory. The Company’s major production sites overseas include those located in Ohio, Alabama and Indiana in the United States; Ontario in Canada; Swindon in the United Kingdom; Ayutthaya in Thailand; Uttar Pradesh in India, and Sao Paulo in Brazil. Yachiyo Industry Co., Ltd., one of the Company’s consolidated subsidiaries, assembles mini cars for the Japanese domestic market. Honda’s unit sales of automobiles total 3,392 thousand units during fiscal 2010. Financial Services Business
Honda offers a variety of financial services to its customers and dealers through finance subsidiaries in countries, including Japan, the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Germany, Brazil and Thailand, with the aim of providing sales support for its products. The services of these subsidiaries include retail lending, leasing to customers and other financial services, such as wholesale financing to dealers. Power Product and Other Businesses
Honda manufactures a variety of power products, including tillers, portable generators, general-purpose engines, grass cutters, outboard marine engines, water pumps, snow throwers, power carriers, power sprayers, lawn mowers and lawn tractors (riding lawn mowers). Honda has introduced a compact home-use cogeneration unit. In addition, Honda sells thin-film solar cells made of crystalline silicon for home use, as well as for public and industrial use. Honda’s unit sales of power products total 4,744 thousand...
References: 1. Blackwell, R. D., Miniard, P. W. and Engel, J. F. 2006. Consumer Behavior 10th Edition. Singapore: Thomson South-Western.
7. Wikipedia. 2013. ‘Honda CR-V’. Viewed on 12 November 2013. Available from: < http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_CR-V>
9. Blogs.cars.com. 2013. 2014 Honda CR-V: What 's Changed - KickingTires. [online] Available at: http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2013/09/2014-honda-cr-v-whats-changed.html
11. BusinessDictionary.com. 2013. What is consumer analysis? definition and meaning. [online] Available at: http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/consumer-analysis.html
13. En.menon.no. 2013. Market and consumer analyses - Menon. [online] Available at: http://en.menon.no/market-and-consumer-analyses
15. Forbes.com.sg. 2013. Marketing Problems Issues. [online] Available at: http://www.forbes.com.sg/reference1.htm
17. Marsdd.com. 2013. Identifying market problems - MaRS Discovery District. [online] Available at: http://www.marsdd.com/articles/identifying-market-problems/
19. Reading.ac.uk. 2013. BSc Consumer Behaviour and Marketing - University of Reading. [online] Available at: http://www.reading.ac.uk/apd/ug/apd-ugbacbm.aspx
21. Tutor2u.net. 2013. Marketing Presentation - Consumer Behaviour. [online] Available at: http://tutor2u.net/business/presentations/marketing/consumerbehaviour/
23. Usnews.rankingsandreviews.com. 2013. 2014 Honda CR-V Reviews, Pictures and Prices | U.S. News Best Cars. [online] Available at: http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/Honda_CR-V/
Please join StudyMode to read the full document