During the 80s, Hero Honda became the first company in India to prove that it was possible to drive a vehicle without polluting the roads. The company introduced new generation motorcycles that set industry benchmarks for fuel thrift and low emission. A legendary 'Fill it - Shut it - Forget it' campaign captured the imagination of commuters across India, and Hero Honda sold millions of bikes purely on the commitment of increased mileage.
In today world customer is the king irrespective of whatever the business may be ,wherever the operations may be .A good business organization is known by its strong customer loyalty, which turns to become a unified family.
The project assigned to me by the company was a market study on 100cc bikes among the dealers and customers with special reference to hero Honda dealer and loyalty of customers towards the bike. The objective of the study was to find out the dealers and customers opinion about the 100cc bikes with special reference to hero Honda dealer to understand how market fluctuations affect their strategic decision. The research methodology was descriptive in nature encompassing a sample of 200customers for in-depth analysis
It was observed that 80%of the respondents are interested to purchase Hero Honda motor vehicle .are in the age group of 18-35. A large part of respondents with majority of 60% are satisfied with the availability of spare part and remaining 40% says no. It was observed that the 92% resplendence are either highly satisfied are just satisfied and remaining 8% are dissatisfied. Different models Hero Honda vehicles can be introduced for ladies, with better comfort, speed and power, so that it can cater to the changing tastes of women.
Dept of MBA, M.V.J.C.E, Bangalore
HERO HONDA More service station should be established in every part of the city, so those customers have an easy accessibility. With a strong sales and service network of 650 Authorized dealership, 1500 authorized service centers and over 1000 certified service points, Hero Honda is growing from strength to strength. Hero Honda motor should also start producing other models and should add a different style and variety to their product line. This will surely attract more customers. This will help to increase the existing goodwill and position in the market.
The experience gained during the analysis and drawing inferences was an exiting and informative exercise under the guidance of unit head.
Dept of MBA, M.V.J.C.E, Bangalore
The joint venture between India's Hero Group and Honda Motor Company, Japan has not only created the world's single largest two wheeler company but also one of the most successful joint ventures worldwide. During the 80s, Hero Honda became the first company in India to prove that it was possible to drive a vehicle without polluting the roads. The company introduced new generation motorcycles that set industry benchmarks for fuel thrift and low emission. A legendary 'Fill it - Shut it - Forget it' campaign captured the imagination of commuters across India, and Hero Honda sold millions of bikes purely on the commitment of increased mileage. Over 20 million Hero Honda two wheelers tread Indian roads today. These are almost as many as the number of people in Finland, Ireland and Sweden put together! Hero Honda has consistently grown at double digits since inception; and today, every second motorcycle sold in the country is a Hero Honda. Every 30 seconds, someone in India buys Hero Honda's top -selling motorcycle – Splendor. This festive season, the company sold half a million two wheelers in a single month—a feat unparalleled in global automotive history. Hero Honda bikes currently roll out from its three globally benchmarked manufacturing facilities. Two of these are based at Dharuhera and Gurgaon in Haryana and the third state of the art manufacturing facility was inaugurated at...
Bibliography: Goel B.S., Marketing Research, Meerut, Pragathi Prakashan, 1996. Gross, Banting, Meeredith & Ford, Business Marketing, U.S.A., Houghton Mifflin Company, 1998.
Gupta S.P.,Statistical Methods, New Delhi, Sultan Chand and Sons Publishers, 1998.
Harper W. Boyd, Jr. Ralph Westfall, Stanley F.Starch, Marketing Research, New Delhi, A.I.T.B.S., Publishers & Distributors (Regd), 1996.
Kothari C.R., Research Methodology, New Delhi, Vikas Publishing House Pvt. Ltd., 1978.
Philip Kotler, Marketing Management – The Millennium Edition, New Delhi, Prentice – Hall of India Private Limited, 2001.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document