? Should the “Black Diamonds” be targeted, and if so, How
• Yes the black diamonds should be targeted for the Harley Davidson motorbikes. As it is a growing trend within south African Blacks, that like speed.
• 52 out of a total of 2540 H.O.G members are Blacks
• With three female riders living in the Johannesburg area and it’s surroundings.
• Aubrey Mkhabela a black member of the H.O.G has a four years membership.
• The “Black Diamonds” are worth about R180 Billion and make up 28% of the south African spending power.
• Harley Davidson Johannesburg Dealership sponsored the Black Motorcycle club in the Soweto Area known as The Eagles.
• Mamelodi has a Black H.O.G club called Rolling Thunder ( with 11 Members) who are heavily involved with community Projects.
• S.A. black middle class is very complex to understand as they live in two worlds being the modern life style and the traditional one.
• Black Diamonds Identity the one the is most complex and needs reconstruction.
• The 52 Black Members of the H.O.G must do the marketing of the brand within communities, having tours, parties and so forth.
• Riding around black communities on bi-weekly, attending social gatherings in the communities.
• Business Man Like Aubrey Mkhabela need to invite other business man to rallies and H.O.G social gatherings.
• Targeting the “Black Diamonds” at malls, shopping centres and clubs as that’s were most time is spent by them.
• Harley Davidson sponsoring more community projects like the Mmamelodi club is doing.
• Harley Davidson doing studies of understanding Black traditions and make it mixed with the Harley culture.
• Targeting “Black Diamonds” at Work places, to Influence the constructions of the lives of the complex “Black Diamonds” to living and loving Harley Davidson Motorbikes.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document